Thursday, August 28, 2008

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out

Everyone mourns the loss of summer. But it seems as though the intensity of the loss grows greater each year. And that need to relish in the pain isn’t working for me.


I love the long days and warmth of the sun against my skin. The flowers are breath taking, rain showers are magical and clear driving conditions are fantastic. I’d love to keep all these things longer too.

But we can’t.
I guess the general longing … that evolves into clinging to a feeling or situation that never really existed … is driving me crazy.

My soul is screaming for the masses to get over it. Close your eyes and leap. Don’t search for greener grass when you could be appreciating what you have.

But stop lamenting over memories, summer days or three-time MVP’s. The times that are upon us could refresh and revitalize you, if you give it a chance.

No comments: