Tuesday, April 27, 2010

All Chips are not created equal

Have you ever stumbled in the magnificent world of Old Dutch Dill Pickle Chips???

O.M.G.  Best Junk Food Ever!!  If I could only eat one chip (or junk food for that matter) for the rest of my life, it would totally be Dill Pickle Chips.  But, only Old Dutch.  I've tried other brands and they just do not hold a candle to these fantastic additions to the potato population.

My dad would bring home Dill Pickle chips as a treat sometimes from his frequent haunt.  Every one thought it was funny that a kid would like something sour.

I still love the chips just as much as before.  If I could buy the bulk seasoning, I'd get that wonderus salty, dilly, vinegary powder and just forgo the chips. To watch my budget (and of course, waistline) I only get them when they're on sale.  Which is way too infrequent.

Last year or so, Old Dutch released Ketchup Potato Chips.  I got a bag.  I'm not so much a ketchup on a chip fan, but love the vinegar-ness of ketchup.  So I figured, what the hell.  If I didn't like them, I'd give them to mom.

Um, well ... that bag never made it home to her.

So now I have a quandry.  When Old Dutch chips are on sale ... I just halved my stock of each.  I only allow my self four bags total (to be stored away out of sight so they last).  So very sad.

Mom realized this, and buys me a bag or two of the Dill whenever they are on sale.  She hides them so my dad doesn't find them and gives them to me.  Reason One Million and 32 why I love my Mommy.

No comments: