Sunday, April 7, 2013

Eternity is so beautifully cold, I wonder if angels ever feel old

I'm going to cheat on Day 26 of the 30 Day Song Challenge.  My original list called for a song that I can play.  However, I am very musically inept   I'm more interested in the flow of the words or the cover art than how to actually play the music.  I even screwed up "Hot Cross Buns" on the recorder in grade school.

Originally when I had started this (eh-hem two years ago), I was able to find another list that had a different option for Day 26.

Amended Day 26 - A Great Song You Just Discovered

The song I keep coming back to in my collection that I most recently discovered is:

Until the End, Quietdrive, Self-titled, 2010

I saw this band about a month ago live.  To tell the truth, I really didn't want to go to the concert.  I was having a really busy week and just wanted a night at home.  I had added their music and the music of the other musician who was performing to my playlist to see if they were any good.  I thought they were like background music, I totally tuned out and really couldn't pick out anything I liked. (Turns out I don't think I actually listened to their music, I must have had it set to random).

Then the day before the show I read in a newspaper article that they were a punk group, so I decided to go. This was a nice change of pace.  I found myself sort of melting into the songs, listening to the lyrics, enjoying picking out the individual instruments, especially since they were playing acoustically.  The sound was a mix between The Killers, Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy. The lyrics are clever and fast-paced.  I vaguely remember "Until the End" at the concert and it was okay, the lyric "until the end, there and back" reminds me of "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings" (A Hobbit's Tale: There and Back Again).

I bought their Self-titled CD (even though I had just said I wasn't going to), and it has a lot of great songs, but I always have to skip to "Until the End" and listen to it at least twice whenever I listen to their music.


Next ... Day 27: A Song You Discovered After Everyone Else

No comments: