Friday, March 3, 2006

What's in a name?

Okay ... I'm going to do some amending on the previous blog, in response to Kevin's comment.

I don't like it when specific people use my name. Weird No. 3 for example. Opens every conversation with "Hey Stacey" it can't be hi, yo, hola, whatcha doing? It's always "Hi Stacey" And when he spells it wrong ... its all I can do not to growl.

My friends tend not to use my name at the drop of the hat--is it that we're so comfortable with each other already? But when they do, it's very special to me. I won't name names (haha) but one friend only says "Good night Stacey" after we've talked from like 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. -- in those hours we bond, laugh and have a good time. Then he ends the convo with that. It makes the conversation and my friendship with him that much more meaningful. It always makes me smile.

Another friend will only use my name when we're arguing. Or he'll use it when I'm really down. Both of these always makes me smile.

This other friend of mine will only use my name when he thanks me ... for helping with homework, listening, etc. And everytime he does it ... it makes me smile.

And a couple of days ago, Kevin said (in away message): Dmx1C: stacey, if you read this, im me or call me immediately, it is a matter of life and death.

And that made me smile ... it was life and death matter after all :-)

Then the next day he said : Dmx1C: hey stacey, i'm gonna go to bed, so have a good day at work. thanks for being a good friend, you always seem to be there when i need you ...

And that made me smile.

But about ten minutes later I got ... "Hey Stacey." And my teeth clenched. Maybe because I don't like this person is the reason it pisses me off so much when he uses my name.

I also don't like when people are trying to get something from me ... "Hi Stacey, what's up?" five seconds later .. by the way, can I ask you a favor? Rar.

So anyway. If you're a friend. Use it. If you're not sure, use Goo ... that's cool too. If you get one word answers from me when you're talking at me ... well you're not smart enough to know I roll my eyes every time you beep at me.

And Kevin ... Change the link back to STACEYS BLOG!!!!!! :-D

No comments: