Sunday, December 9, 2007

Are Hat Tricks Unlucky if they're Green?

There's a saying that bad luck come in three's. And I think I've achieved my own hat trick with my car.

I got new tires (not bad, but it was an inconvenience to be without my car on a work day--and if we're going to quibble over the merit of bad, the bill was a couple hundred dollars, so that's bad enough in my book).

When it was getting new shoes, they discovered a wheel bearing was out. Before it could go in again, I noticed it was really pulling. So I asked the mechanic to take a look at the alignment. That wasn't it, but guess what he found: A Nail in my new tire.

After I got it back my windshield wipers split apart. I got my three bad things, I should be good for awhile.

Last weekend, I watched the last episode of MASH. I've never seen it before.

When it got right down to it, I really didn't want to watch the episode. Just like the Harry Potter series, I didn't want it to be over. I've been watching MASH since I was a kid and even though it ended the year I was born I still absolutely loved it.

It took years for me to realize Hunnicutt and Trapper weren't the same person and then more time to be able to remember the right name.

About two years ago, I started buying the collection and it was such a treat to watch it in broadcast order. I'm sad that little era has ended: I'll never see another new MASH episode. But it'll still remain a favorite.

So back to the final episode. I cried. Yeah, of course I did. Crying at fiction is a great release. It's a pay off to an emotional investment but also a good cleanse of the soul. This is true especially when you can cry without being worse for the wear other than your hydration level.

Last night I was flipping through the channels and i stumble on Bob Dylan singing "Mr. Tambourine Man." I pause and listen to a little bit and move on to the next channel. At least 10 minutes later I come back to Bob Dylan ... singing the same part of the song that he was at when I flipped it the last time.

I just had to laugh.

As an aside, his son Jakob is smoking hot and has a soulful voice.

Why is green such a persecuted color? From Kermit lamenting about how hard it is to be green, Shrek, the Grinch, the Wicked Witch of the West, envy and it's the color of money which spawns greed...

Yepper this was a random blog.

No comments: