Sunday, November 9, 2008

Change isn't always something to fear

Last week was that of extremes.

We enjoyed beautiful weahter of 60-70 degrees  for four days and then at the end of the week it snowed.  Saturday the snow stuck.  I look out my windows today to patches of our white enemy on the ground here and there.

I suppose we're lucky though.  If it would have snowed on Wednesday it would have been blizzard conditions. It rained, it poured.  It thundered and lightnening.  It took out our power at work.  That was an experience.

I look a little Medusa right now. My hair is not quite long enough in the front to stay in a pony tail, so I either put pins in it or use headbands.  Well the only problem is that it pulls out and goes all over ... hence the Medusa vibes I'm working right now.

I realized this unfortunate hair-do when I went to brush my teeth.  I've been having dreams the past two weeks about my teeth.  They have rotted, fallen out and discolored.  Now I know that dreaming about your teeth generally means that you regret what you've said.  I really can't think of anything I've should have been quiet about.  So I'm thinking it might be that general nagging feeling for falling asleep without brushing my teeth.  I figure either way I'll just play it safe.

I plugged in my Clapper on Wednesday night.  I was annoyed that I had to wander through darkness to turn on a light and risk spilling my water or juggling whatever I had in my hands.  When I nearly tipped the light off the endtable I finally decided I needed to pull out the good old Clapper. 

What they don't tell you in the "Clap on, Clap off" commerical is that everything else turns on the clapper too: sneezing, laughing, putting away pots and pans, dropping things, closing the closet door, yelling at the television ....

1 comment:

Blondheim said...

Evil people don't know how to use the clapper. Evil people unplug the clapper. I don't like evil people. I like the clapper.