Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Glued and captivated

Today I lived history.  There aren't many moments like this in life, and so far my moments haven't been positive.

Al Gore winning, but denied office.  9/11.  Iraq invasion, Saddam's capture. GW winning the second term. Hurricane Katrina.

This election I had the great task of choosing between Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama.  I was leaning towards Hilary.  I knew Obama was a great leader, a rock star.  I knew that when he spoke at the DNC for John Kerry.  I just wasn't sure if this was his time.  I can't tell you the moment I knew he was the one.

Barack Obama inspires people to be better. To create change.  That's an admirable quality.  He's brought passion, determination.  Hope.


I wish I could be that, if only a fraction of it.

November 4 I watched history, sitting in my living room.  Thrilled, overwhelmed.  Today I watched history, sitting in my living room.  Excited, elated.  Ready for the word, to leap, to act, to be better for others.

It's a tough road ahead, no one will deny that.  It's not going to be easy.  But it's a challenge we have to face.

Cheers to President Barack Obama -- if that's not a reason to celebrate with Pepsi Twist ... I don't know what is.

No comments: