Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Feeling like the truth has found you here

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 23: A Song that You Want Played at Your Wedding


Ok .... I got distracted by You Tube Videos ... checking out America's Best Dance Crew Season 6 winners - IaMmE.  They call their style brain bang and it's perfect description b/c it totally screws with your senses as you watch.  (whoohoo Pacman & Moon!)  Aghhh and then check out Urban Jungle and Office Life (also featuring Hok of Quest Crew)!


Wow. Distracted much?


So my initial thoughts for this song was Without You Here by the Goo Goo Dolls.  But, in my pure euphoria in seeing them live for the first time, I posted it on Day 11 as the Song by My Favorite Band.


I don't like most of the sappy, sugary traditional wedding type songs.


So this isn't a traditional wedding song.  It's a little more dark.  But it's more real life--the journey to that day and all the adventures ahead of you is what a wedding celebrates.  And love songs that are all about the high points and fairy tales come true are a lie.  And boring.


My wedding song choice is:


Become - Let Love In - Goo Goo Dolls, 2006



It's an amazing song that I feel is better reflection of what relationships are.  It might not be an easy road, but we're on it together.  So let's fight and dream together, even when we're lost.


And, it totally makes me cry--isn't that a qualification for a wedding song??  ;-)


Day 24: The Funeral Song.  One of the easiest for me to choose.

No comments: