Sunday, May 8, 2005

An Evening with the Girls

"Handwriting" ~ Somewhere in 2001-2002

One night, when we were baby-sitting Hailey and Erika, Mom was doing her very best (and everything she could think of) to keep Courtney quiet and happy. The girls and I had to find a quiet activity to keep ourselves amused. Somehow we ended up sitting in front of the refriderator where two dry erase boards were hanging.

Erika took the pen and began demonstrating her skills of penmanship.

Penmanship, handwriting and then cursive were always my foes in grade school. Their demonic grading scale ranged from H: the best, S+: very good, S: satsifactory, S-: just barely satisfactory. The loewst mark was P or U or somesuch thing as that. I don't remember what, but I know I received at least one for a quick assignment finished moments before it was handed in.

No comments: