Saturday, May 7, 2005

Random writing

When I get an idea for something I want to write about, i sketch it out, outline it or simply purge myself of the words within. Then I save it.

However, life gets in the way. Sometimes the words never become anything more ... just jottings on random pieces of paper or napkins, tucked away in my binder. But now they will again see the light of day ... or at least the waves of this blog.

"Organized Piles" ~ Oct. 2004

The biggest thing I have realized about myself since the move to Green Bay is that I am a stacker, that is, I make piles. I knew this at home in Stratford, but it is so evident I canot help to be amazed. It all began as we started packing. Boxes were stacked in the Barbie Doll room. Boxes and even random objects, one on top of annother, growing higher as each day passed.

For my first four days in Green Bay I lived amongst the piles that somehow followed me. Now, I have all the boxes gone, but the piles are still there. Under my desk, one side school folders the other supplies, books and pens. Under the sink in my bathroom, there's a container, but on top of that I have make up, toothpaste and the list goes on.

My shoes are stacked, I have my jeans in piles. My food is stacked in the pantry.

I guess the organized, if they are truly fitting of that title, stacks are okay. It's the random stacks that chip away at my sanity. For if they exist for too long they seem to take over my life. They're like feeding a Gremlin after midnight, they multiply and before I know it, I feel tiny and insignificant amongst the piles I created.

No comments: