Thursday, February 2, 2006

Bowl that's super and not so super colors

This weekend is the Super Bowl... which is always exciting, if only for the commercials. But this year, I'm also pysched for the game. I don't have anything invested in either team, but I have been a fan of Big Ben Roethlisberger since his debut last year. Of course, I support Matt Hasslebeck, but would rather see Holmgren fail. Petty? Maybe. Do I care? Not a chance.

On a totally separate rant: why the hell do some teams have three + jersey colors? What was ever wrong with home and away?
  • Falcons: Black, white, red.
  • Seahawks: Blue, white, blackish.
  • Eagles: Green, white, Greenish-black.
  • Bengals: Black, white, orange
  • Chargers: Navy blue, white, power blue (who would wear this unless it was a throwback day? Yuck!)
  • Bears: Blue, White, Orange
  • Ravens: Purple, White, Black
  • Giants: Blue, white, Red
  • Cardinals: Red, white, White w/red shoulders
I mean, come on!~ Two wasn't enough? What's the point? They use the extra color for home and away, so it kind of takes away from the Home jersey. I could maybe understand if they used it for away to be more intimidating (haha) or to give the team that extra edge. Maybe I would even be satisfied if the teams adopting another color would at least give an explaination other than expanding their wardrobe. But you never hear about why ... only that they're wearing a different one ... if that.



Hey folks, you can get your Terrell Owens Eagles jersey for 49.99 rather than the 74 bucks it was running at.

No comments: