Sunday, October 29, 2006

Autumn writing

I've noticed that it's hard for me to blog or write at this time of year. In other instances writing fills my spirit and often it's the only way I can work out my demons or find peace.

But during this time of year is when I do most of my writing at work. Two to three months of information gathering, research, interviews and finally writing. It wears me out so that I have no interest (or creativity) to randomly write.

I've been working on two stories just for the fun of it ... and continously cooking up other ideas, but once I get the paper in front of me, it just makes me tired.

I also have three or four packer games I haven't written about. I have my notes and the Monday paper, but can bring myself to do the further research on the internet ... laziness and a slow internet connection are a fatal combination.

Searching for new ideas to write about also has been getting to me. The first thing to spring to mind is usually complaining about something, but taking the lesson learned from Ms. Brey, I don't always want my rambling to have that negative flavor. The other thing that pops up is random observations ... unfortunately, I never have the forsight to write down my observation, so when it comes to my time at the keyboard, I can never remember my random tidbit. Alas.

No comments: