Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I bet I won't be able to wear chopsticks again (darn!)

The first shampooing after a haircut I always use way too much shampoo.  If you already didn't know this about me, I have very thick hair.  So thick that in it's natural state, it takes at least 6-8 hours to dry.  I don't bother with a blow dryer, it barely makes a dent.

When I got my first perm, my head hurt from the weight of the hair and curlers.  The curl only stayed in around a month. Even trying to curl it more than a flip in or out is pointless.  It's so heavy that it will not hold the curl, no matter how much product you try to cement it in place.

The first time I went to my stylist I told her she would have to thin out my hair.  She said yeah, sure we can do that.  She didn't get it.  When the pile of hair was around an inch high and she wasn't even close to done, she finally understood.

I don't so much need a hair cut, but more a trim, style and thinning out.  Afterwards, it's great though ... like, wow this must be what it feels like to have normal hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the top thing...what do you call it? Very dooce!

You looked good in chopsticks! Save them just in case- new cut is fab but you are like me visits to get cuts are few and far between.