Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sadly, I broke two nails today

It's finally warm enough to walk around outside for more than three minutes at a time without risk of frost bite, so this weekend I spent a fair amount of time mingling with Mother Nature.  She, of course, sent me home with a lovely gift of lingering allergies. 

Let me tell you folks, I'm fighting the good fight.  Runny nose, sniffy nose.  Sinus pressure, sneezing, itchy and watery eyes.  ... but I'm also being a baby about it.  I'M MISERABLE!!!  And all I want to do is stay in bed and sleep.  But I don't.

In the epic battle against my allergies I made chicken noodle soup from a Ramen Noodle Pack.  Now this might bring back the old glory days for some, but I hate Ramen Noodles.  In my entire college career I never ate them.  So where does my loathing come from?  It's the "base" my dad uses for his "soup," or more acurately described as "let's throw every leftover from the fridge in a pot of boiling water with Ramen and eat it for like six meals."  I suppose it's just easier to refer to it as "soup" even though it's inaccurate. I refer to it as slop in a bowl, not to be confused with slop on a stick.

So I think I would make my Dad's heart proud to know that I was making Ramen.  Of course, he'd doctor it more (celery and leftover green beans, corn, chicken or turkey (or both), celery salt, extra noodles, rice ... I'm sure I'm leaving something out).  He might also turn his nose up at the garlic and ginger I added.  No, on second thought, he would be less disgusted if I had put a pancake in ... but ginger and garlic?  For shame.

Blink 182's back in the studio, which is really f'ing great.

No comments: