Saturday, January 7, 2017

Reborn!

Last year I decided to put this blog to rest.  I didn't have a cohesive vision to continue and have moved to a point in life where sharing my inner-most thoughts on the Internet wasn't appealing.

Around mid-year I realized I really missed writing and journaling isn't the same. I like the feedback and connection this format brings. I tried to figure out a new spin to focus my writing and find a new name.

Obviously I could never find it. But here's the thing, I like Blurring the Edges. I think it fits my vision -- sharing things that I love, giving my opinion, and looking at the world in a different way.  So, Blurring the Edges - reborn!

My goal is to write once a week. Real, meaningful writing that isn't just random thoughts thrown at the screen.  Here's where it gets challenging. That, of course, takes time and thinking. And I have little interest to sit in front of a computer after work.

After my year hiatus I've collected a few ideas I hope to explore with you.  There's a lot going on in the world,  and while I don't want to write political posts, I think I can contribute towards the conversation in social change.  And I'm still doing my category themed reading challenge,  so I can tell you about the books I'm reading.

I love YouTube and podcasts and love to share the best of the best.  I also have opinions about how we consume media. How it's changing our culture and how we could become better informed to make more educated judgements.

So this is post 1 of my goal of 56.  Come along on the journey with me.

No comments: