Thursday, November 23, 2006

Hic Hic Hic

I have the hiccups. I hate having the hiccups.

My hiccups come when I eat potatos or meat too fast, or drink something the wrong way. Or, like right now, for no reason at all.

I can never get rid of my hiccups--the most effective method I've found is just to shut my mouth and ride them out ... for however long it takes.

Having the hiccups is something that gets people talking ... "have you ever tried a spoonful of sugar? That always works for me," they say.

Pinch your nose and drink water ... take gulps of air ... drink tons of water ... drink water upside-down ...

I used to say nothing works and politely listened, which never satisfies people. Now I try their little suggestions--because I have nothing to lose. But like I said, I have yet to find my miracle cure.

So I'll just sit here ... hic, hic, hic

No comments: