Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Vacation

I was reading through my first posts and realized that I did more "daily" on the spot blogs. I tend to enjoy them the most. Sometimes it's hard to think and write and come up with a post that's well written with a good subject. While it's something I do still strive for, it limits how much I post.

So here we go!

This week I took off work. It's my first week of vacation since Spring Break 2005. I'm not doing anything spectacular, but it's still nice to sleep in, watch some television, and just have the freedom to do what I want and not think about reaching a million dollar goal or worrying about deadlines.

And how do I start my week of vacation? I'm woken up by a phone call at 6:43 a.m. Please note my usual wake up time during work is 6:45. Yeah, not so happy.

Since Thanksgiving is this week, I'm helping get the house ready. Mom's family comes over so there's about 40 people over. (It's usually 60, but some aren't coming this year).

We're listening to Rent as we clean, so that's nice. Poor mom though, she has to listen to me sing.

Yesterday the CDs I ordered on Friday came in the mail. I was so excited to get it, listen to it, look at the liner notes. I love listening to a cd for the first time. Hearing the composition, harmonies, melodies, lyrics ... all the different beats and instruments. So far so good. Mark is the lead on each song and there's one featuring a duet with Mark and a woman (I need to investigate this a little more).

I fell completely in love with Blink182's last cd when I listened to it the first time. Most CDs I have to listen to them a couple of times to really like them. There aren't many instances where I love it the first time around--only Rent and Let Love In from the Goo Goo Dolls.

I did have an urge to listen to it ... which I'm doing right now ... so that's only a good sign.

I saw on PBS yesterday that snakes can climb trees (you know, slither up). That has me completely creeped out ... I always banked on in case of an apocolpyse or nightmare-ish snake situation I would climb a tree or hit high ground ... now all those plans are out the window.

No comments: