Thursday, March 15, 2007

Go ahead, be gone wit it.

Today was my coworker Sarah's birthday. We bought her Justin Timberlake's FutureSex/Love Sounds.

Now, Sarah is the Eric Clapton, classic rock kind of girl, but for some reason she rocks out to SexyBack. And I really don't blame her.

Something happened to Justin Timberlake that made him suave, likable and just plain cool. In N'Sync's hey day, I really didn't like J-Timberlake that much. He was the "pretty boy" and the falsettos can get annoying. My style was a little more so JC.

After the group disbanded, I wasn't too impressed by the songs he released from "Justified." It got a little edgier and I think he gained some credit with the different collaborations he made. And NO I'm not talking about his little ditty with Miss Jackson.

But he's just GOLD on this CD. The video for "My Love" he's so charismatic, that it's really hard to tear your eyes away. He found the perfect mix of classic and modern for a style. He's gotten to the point that he's a trendsetter. A superstar beyond the means of N'Sync.

Of course he still has the following of his teeny-bopper fans who lived and breathed bubblegum pop. But he's transcended that to a whole new level.

I mentioned in the previous blog that the only thing that struck me was the Dixie Chicks and Justin Timberlake. I don't think he's hot or cute. But he sure as hell is charismatic. Though I respect his good range, when he goes too much into falsettos I don't like it.

I don't blame Sarah one bit for this new cd. In fact, I'm proud of J-Timberlake for reinventing himself and having a career instead of being a disaster.

No comments: