Sunday, March 2, 2008

My apologies, we're all out of time ...

The black hole month of the year is finally over. This February, compared to most, was okay, but I'm happy it's over nonetheless.

I got a much needed haircut on Thursday, and am quite happy with the results. I'm growing it out a little. Back in the day when my hair took three hours to dry, it didn't seem like a big deal to grow hair. Now it's a painfully slow task. There were many awkward hair days in this growing out period.

Thank goodness for the person who learned how to "thin out" and layer hair. I love him/her. I truly do. And oh happy day, I'm still able to use my hair wax with this new cut. That's another marvel of mankind I enjoy. The day after look is always enjoyable too. Nothing like hair standing straight up to start the morning.

What else, what else. Sundays are so empty without football. I thought the joy of the Super Bowl would last me until at least April. Don't get me wrong when I hear Super Bowl Champion Giants and 18-1 Patroits my heart soars. But it also feels eons ago that it all happened. At least the free agency period has started (Dear Randy Moss, Green Bay maybe?) and the draft will be here in April .... oh but then the long summer months until August preseason. *Sigh*

On ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike in the Morning, Greenberg suggested that the ultimate wide out pairing would be Moss & Owens (order purely alphabetical) in Dallas. Whoowee. Can you imagine? Here, I'll wait a sec, try to imagine it.

...
...

Wow! That's truly mind blowing stuff, isn't it? Other than the fact Dallas would become the new Patriots (and I'd be afraid to draft either in fantasy football, because with that much ego looking for the ball, I'd be nervous that neither would get it, but of course I'd also be sick to pass up on any of the action) I would pay some money to see the drama.

Last night they had a Jimmy Kimmel celebrates Jimmy Kimmel (three year, nine month anniversary show). I think it was previously aired ... so that leads me to believe that the only reason it was on was to further push the phenom that is the Sarah Silverman-Matt Damon-Jimmy Kimmel-Ben Affleck video hype. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, hop on over to You Tube and search it. Watch the Matt Damon video first. Truly hilarous. I favor the Matt video, but I am a biased party.

If the powers that be aired that show last night to push the hype, I applaud them. Because I watched that hour for the last four minutes---and it was entirely worth it. I knew what joke was coming, how they would play it out, and I probably could have imagined it, but it was still worth it. I don't think I'd go as far to say the whole farce is comedic genius, but Kimmel (plus Matt & and now all the celebrities who are playing along) get uber points for sticking with it and being so committed.

Well, that's about all I have for this morning. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: