Sunday, June 22, 2008

Don't look now, but I think summer's here

I hit some tennis balls yesterday. Man, did that feel awesome. I have to try to that every day. I even got about 15-30 minutes of volley in with a friend.

Time is so … I don’t know what the more accurate term: relative or non-existent. I have no concept of time when I’m outside in the summer.

I hope I can say this with no ill effects, but summer is here. Tending to the herbs. Tennis. Writing (and reading) in the gazebo. Tan lines where my rings are.

New content rolled out in the Kingdom: Hobopolis.

I haven’t read any of the threads, but there's been a lot of chatter about it on Wiki and in the forum. I haven’t’ ventured there yet, because (and here’s the kicker) it costs 10 million meat.

While I’m quite a market whore, I’m not a market player or meat farmer by any means. I unloaded quite a bit of my duplicate inventory and extra food stuffs in the last two softcore runs, but it’s taken me three years to raise around six million meat (and I was happy at that amount for my adventure style and purposes). Really most of the profit has come post-NS13. I think I’ve been averaging between 200,000 and 300,000 a run.

I had big plans for this meat: outfit items for tattoos, the 99 red balloon trophy, etc.

Other than Hobopolis there are a lot of newer goals I am playing towards. I really need to take a look at what I want in order to do more focused adventuring. There’s a lot of long-term trophies I’m shooting for: perming the six Spookyraven skills, perming the zero level skills, the six level 30 trophies, battling 240 black puddings, eating 420 herb brownies, getting the cursed pirate tattoo, having a couple pirate skeletons in my closet … and on, and on.

And for the life of me, I can’t figure out how the elemental (hotform, coldform, etc) trophies work.

All and all it’s been a great weekend. Yummy coffee. Fun tennis. Good episode of Doctor Who (and watching RENT!). The only down side is it ends.

No comments: