Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Letters to Live By ~ The Inevitable

Dear Friend,

You’ll never believe the amazing advice I received today. It was around 3 p.m. and I was hitting a huge lull at work—you know, the kind brought on by lunch burning off and frustration mounting from an hour’s work disappearing.

I took a moment and a deep breath and the universe gave me a pick me up. The sage piece of wisdom was “Age is nothing but a number.” And it came from the best counsel: the wrapper of a Dove Dark Chocolate

I’ve been having issues with my quarter century. Never before has my years tallied on Earth been a focus or care. But dawning of the 25th year hit me like a bag of bricks.

Life has been psyching me out. Bills. Insurance. Retirement Plans. Home Ownership. Ack.

The problem with the real world is not the work or job. It’s all of these pressures mounting up. And the fear that one wrong move will sink the ship.

Because what Brett Favre has taught us is some decisions should be final and we don’t (normally) get the luxury of take backs.

Don’t get me wrong, my lovely Friend, the real world and all its pleasures of taxes, work pressures and unretirements aren’t fun.

It’s just like everything else though. Take one thing at a time and if you believe and are positive, the universe will provide for you (if nothing else, it gives you wisdom through chocolate to help you get through the moment).

The greatest challenge, my Friend, is to remember to have Patience!

No comments: