Monday, December 4, 2006

The Crimbo Town of Right About Now

Day 4 of the Quest for Crimbo ... I've gotten some ancient fruitcake and two candy stakes (in case there is ever a vampire living on my tongue) from my Advent Calendar. I figure it's just about time to go to CrimboRock and see if there's anything else cooking in the quest and ...

You decide that now is a good time for a nap. You're not sure why, but you do.
After sleeping soundly for about 10 minutes, you wake up to the sound of a flat, electronic beat playing loudly in your bedroom. You push aside your bed-curtains and look out. Since you don’t have any bed-curtains, and may or may not have a bedroom or a bed, you’re pretty sure you’re dreaming.

You see a shimmery, transparent guy standing in front of two turntables. He doesn’t appear to have a microphone, though. “Greetings, adventurer, he says. “I’m the ghost of Crimbo right-about-now. Greetings, adventurer. I’m the ghost of Crimbo right-about-now. Greetings, adventurer. I’m the ghost of Crimbo right-about-now.”

He stops and thumps himself upside the head. “Sorry, got stuck in a loop there. Anyway, I’m here to tell you that you’ve spent enough time in Crimbo Rock, and you should come to my realm now. If you ever want to save Uncle Crimbo, you’ve got to get with the now, man. Don’t you want to meet Linnea, the Scream Queen? Quit living in the past. Are you ready to go to Crimbo right-about-now? Are you ready to go to Crimbo right-about-now? Are you ready to…”

The ghost smiles and fades away, repeating "When you awake, you can visit Crimbo Right-About-Now. When you awake, you can visit Crimbo Right-About-Now. When you awake..."

When I awoke and went back to the Big Mountains, Crimbo Town of Right About Now was waiting for me. It seems as the Screem Queen has made herself at home.


Lucky for me, her minions ... mummies who tie bows and zombies that ... well I don't know what they do, but the put up a big fight! Anyways, lucky for me, her minions drop well and I was able to collect a spooky frank to make and eat some spooky franks and beans ...

You start to chow down on the franks and beans, but before you can take a bite the plate levitates into the center of the room. A deeply tanned arm reaches through a magical portal and grabs the plate. "Thanks, kid," Uncle Crimbo's voice says. "You're getting even closer."

Until tomorrow ...

No comments: