Sunday, December 31, 2006

Reflections on 2006

Last year I started a "favorites" list for the previous year. As we put another one behind us, I like this way to reflect and record what made an impact on me. These aren't anything serious and it's not a reflection of the years events .... news programs can do that.

2006 Bests and Favorites:

TV Show: Grey's Anatomy & Family Guy (tie)

New TV Show: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

CD: Let Love In ~ Goo Goo Dolls

Song: Without You Here ~ GGD & 155 (+44) (tie) 155 is a song from Mark Hoppus' new band (+44).

Movie (in theaters): The DaVinci Code (I didn't see many)

Rental: RENT (It changed my CD rotation--I listened to it 45 days straight and the movie makes me cry every time!)

Football player: Packers Aaron Kampman

Football player I wish I could watch more: Saints' Drew Brees

Biggest Surprise: Chad Pennington and the New York Jets

I'll turn the channel if ______ is on: a Jessica Simpson commercial, Two and 1/2 Men and any Nick Lachey song

Celebrity I'm sick of: Mel Gibson

Best Gift Given: Beauty & the Beast Soundtrack to Mom

Best Gift Received: RENT Christmas gift from Mom

Wine: 15 bottles, Favorite: Muscat Cannelli from San Francisco trip that I opened on my year anniversary at work.

Most enjoyable new tradition/habit: Reading the Sunday Comics during Monday night's supper

Commercial: Peyton Manning's MasterCard commercial where he cheers on the regular people ("Rub some dirt on it!")

Traveling: week stay at the Hilton in Chicago and dining 80 stories up.

KoL Moment: Ascending in 15 days--fastest run yet, reaching 500,000 meat & getting a ghost pickle on a stick

Happy New Year everyone! Best wishes for 2007.

No comments: