Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Always on my mind like reflections on my shades

Day 9: A Song You Can Dance To

I don't really dance.  At least not in public.  I wish I had skills, but alas, uncoordinated white girl here.

If I were to dance, I would totally kill it during this song.

Fighting for Air - Free Wired - Far East Movement, 2010


I discovered FM through following members of Quest Crew on Twitter (@thequestcrew, my favorites: @hokutokonishi and @victorquest).  The Asian Invasion is strong in the LA arts/dance/music world and the really talented ones (that catch my eye at least), seem to be friends.

You probably know Like a G6 (yes, it's about a plane) and you should check out Rocketeer feat. Ryan Tedder, the lead singer from One Republic--the video's awesome too.  I loved Like a G6 and started hearing more songs from Free Wired from the twitter peeps, so shortly after it was released I picked it up.

I'm not the dance club kind of girl, and I typically don't dig this type of music.  Black Eyed Peas is the closest I get to dance-pop. Fighting for Air sort of reminds me of 80's Madonna-driven dance music.

Fighting for Air is the song that gets me refocused when I'm working out. Free Wired always gets me energized and ready for anything.

Day 10: A Song that Makes You Fall Asleep

No comments: