Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's freezing in the corner of my mind

Day 15: A Song that Describes You

I poured over my song library searching for a song to describe me.  I listened to every station I have on Pandora.  Unfortunately no single song jumped out ... I had a list of eight songs.  I suppose that's a good sign, it means I'm multi-faceted and complex, right??

I decided on this song, because there are quite a few lines that I relate to ... and, well, I feel describe who I am.

Ain't that Unusual - A Boy Named Goo - Goo Goo Dolls, 1995

Specifically ... "there's something I wished I said, but I don't think it'd rhyme" and "freezing in the corner of my mind."  I feel as though I very much live in my head ... sometimes a good thing, but it also holds me back.

I'm going through a phase, one that I've felt before, where I feel as though other people are defining who I am, labeling me based on the surface.  And I'll admit it, my surface isn't all that good most of the time.  It's a challenge for me to be there -- complete and my true self in each moment.

And, oddly enough, the surface of this song seems sort of depressing, but I've never felt that way.  It makes me feel hopeful.


No comments: