Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oy Vey - Turn it Off !!

30 Day Music Challenge: Day 2 - Least Favorite Song

This was a hard one. The thing is, I don't listen to music I don't like.  I generally do not listen to the radio because I cannot choose what I want.  I like listening to lots of different kinds, and try to give most a fair shot.  But there are some songs that I know instantly--I'm never going to like it.

So given any number of days, I could probably create a list of at least 100 songs.  Since I only had one day, I decided to choose between the two that jumped out at me as I was looking through some music sites and my own CD's.

The honor goes to ....

 Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche) - 98 Degrees - Revelation, 2000


I really don't recommend that you watch that video.  I muted the computer so I wouldn't hear it when grabbing the link.

I own the first CD from 98 degrees, and liked them generally better than the other boy bands of their era.  This came from a third album (I guess they count the Christmas one as #2?).  Something happened between 1997 (first one) and 2000 (Revelation) that ruined their sound.  Maybe it was the insanity create by 'NSync's pop dominance. (Maybe it was Jessica Simpson.)

Anyway, this song makes my teeth hurt.  I can't tell you exactly what is horrible about it because I haven't listened to it in 10 years and I'd rather not revisit it.  At one point, a cousin locked me in the car when this started playing just to torture me with the horrible, horrible song.

On to better things! 

Day 3:  A Song that Makes You Happy  :-)

No comments: