Thursday, April 14, 2011

A moment in your arms became the reason why

Day 11: A Song from Your Favorite Band

I had to do some minor soul searching when it came to this post.  My favorite bands are Goo Goo Dolls, Blink 182 and +44.  And in different periods of my life I listened to each heavily.  Goo was my teenage years, Blink was my early twenties and +44 captured 25+.

So which is my favorite?  I think I own just as many CDs from the first two and the third only had one. But I think it has to come back to the Goo Goo Dolls.  There are just too many fantastic songs that I will always love.

And, this is a perfect day to write a post about my favorite band.  Because I just got back from seeing them in concert.  I totally held my shit together too, I was impressed with myself.  I wasn't that crazy girl who was crying and draping herself over the stage (she was there though).

I must admit, when Iris started, my knees sagged and it was really all I could do not to cry.  It was one of the moments that the universe gives to just you, even though there are hundreds of people in the room.

So, there are probably 5-10 songs you know from the Goo Goo Dolls.  And they're great.  But there at least 10 more that you haven't heard that are fantastic, just simply beautiful.

Without You Here - Let Love In - Goo Goo Dolls, 2006

So, let's dish about the concert.  Sadly, they didn't play this song.  It was way too short (even though it was a little over an hour and a half?). Robby sang like three songs (two I liked, which was a blessing) and he wasn't wearing any shoes.  We were in the standing mezzanine level, which was an awesome view.  Speaking of which, Johnny was on in the yumminess factor, but was wearing a red baseball cap. So disappointing!  He had a black longish sleeve shirt, khaki pants and older vans style shoes.

I had on a fantastic outfit with light purple shirt with black and white scrolling flowers up the side, black cover up and my awesome purple shoes.  I broke out the Johnny necklace and my Gutterflower emblem and wore earrings in every hole (which I very seldom do anymore), patterned after Johnny's piercing (So, can you believe I wasn't that girl who was crying and making a fool of herself?)

Thank you to Breanna & Robert for inviting me, it was a great night and I wouldn't have wanted to share it with anyone else.

No comments: