Sunday, April 10, 2011

I need your grace to remind me how to find my own

Day 7: A Song that Reminds You of an Event

This event was a very sad day for many of our friends.  In fact,  things would never be the same.  Some were able to rise above the challenges that followed, while other crumbled ... and laid on the bathroom floor.

Is it a cop out to post a song from something that didn't happen to me ... or in real life?

Nevertheless, I will never be able to hear this song without picturing the night Denny Duquette died.

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol - Eyes Open,  2006



I think I'll always remember Izzy laying on Denny's death bed, dressed in her pink prom dress with her forehead pressed against his neck.

It's quite interesting that the moment that will always stick with me is with the character I liked the least.  I'm still sorry she didn't die, but it's probably better that she healed and left Alex.  Shows her true character.

Coming up next: Day 8: A Song that You Know All the Words

No comments: